9 years ago
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Ben
My sweet hubba turned 28 last month. As his birthday came it made me think about what a great guy he is. Most people only see one or two sides of this wonderful man but I am lucky and get to see every side. To the nieces and nephews he is fun and silly Uncle Ben who will play with them no matter what bodily harm comes to him. I imagine that his siblings probably still see him as their baby brother. Our coworkers see Ben as the serious quiet guy. Those are only a few parts of who he really is. To Ben, family is number 1 and he will do anything for them. He is this amazing guy who is funny and spontaneous but then knows when to be serious. Ben is one of the smartest people that I know. He has worked so hard at his schoolwork and will be finished with his M.B.A. this summer. I cannot express just how proud I am of all that he has been able to accomplish. Even though he works full time and goes to school full time at night he still finds time to help me with my schoolwork. Ben will pull all nighters or go to bed late and get only a few hours sleep just so he can help me study for a test. Sometime I think that Ben understands Anatomy better than I do. Even with all Ben does he still takes care of my infections and Crohn’s. I tell Ben that most husbands would not do what he does but he does not believe me. This last round of skin infections has been very hard on me. They were very painful and it covered half of my back, my whole right side and parts of my right arm. I could not put the antibiotics ointment on the infections so I had to have Ben do it for me. The infections are staff so Ben cannot touch those parts without gloves on. Every morning and evening Ben has to put his gloves on and administer the medications to the infections. There are about 100 different spots covering my torso that Ben has put the medication on. Not only does he do this but also he does it without complaining or making me feel bad. I know they look very bad but Ben tells me that they are just “beauty marks”. I don’t know about you but that means the world to me. Ben has to deal daily with my sickness and all the problems that come with it but he has never complained to me about any of it. Whenever I have a doctor’s appointment Ben is there asking questions trying to find out anything that will help me. When my mom was sick Ben gave up almost every weekend to spend time with my parents helping them with whatever we could do. I am so grateful that I married Ben. Each day he shows me that I am special and loved. I would not have been able to survive everything that we have been through if it was not for Ben. Ben is my center and my strength. When I am down he holds me up. When I am hurting and sick (and that has been a lot these past few years) Ben does everything in his power to help me even if it is just holding me till it passes. I know that no matter what Ben is going to be there right by my side helping me thru everything. I married my Best Friend. He is my other half. We balance each other out. I could not imagine someone more perfect for me than Ben. These past few years have been hard but they have brought us closer together and I am looking forward to spending eternity with Ben.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow Esther your making me get all teary eyed...I agree Ben is one of a kind and we all love him.
How sweet. Ben is quite an incredible and unique person. I got the other incredible and unique person as well. They are so much alike that when I read your blog I was thinking it is just like Scott. He is also known as the quiet and serious person at work (who never gets mad).
And... you deserve someone like Ben to take such sweet care of you! You guys are perfect for each other - really made for each other. We love you both!
You guys are both amazing people and so blessed to have each other to lean on!
I am really enjoying the opportunity to get to know my cousins better. So many of you guys we haven't even met... that's awful! We hope to remedy that this year. He sounds awesome! It's been a lot of fun reading your blogs and getting to know my family better. I hope you are doing well, Esther. We sure love you guys, and look forward to getting to know you all better!
I couldn't agree with you more ... Ben is everything to you and you are to him as well. We love you both and are so grateful the Lord brought you together and had that tough "2nd date"!
that made me cry!
i am so happy you two found each other:)
Post a Comment