Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mom's Funeral 11/7/2008





We would like to first thank all those who attended Kathy's funeral and showed your support. We would also like to thank the Relief Society of the Huntington Ward for putting on an incredible luncheon. Setting aside one unfortunate talk, the funeral was an altogether fitting and beautiful tribute to a wonderful woman. I hope those that were able to attend came to know this special person a little better. She truly had the image of God engraved upon her countenance, and like the Savior, she went about doing good, gladdening hearts and lifting the burdens of others. In short, she has been an example to all who have known her. To say she is greatly missed would be the understatement of the world. She is truly loved and we look forward to a joyful reunion in a much happier place.

The next day, Saturday November 8th, we had a grave site service at Greenlawn Cemetery in Bakersfield. We appreciate Wendy and Tom for hosting us over the weekend.



2 comments:

Tera said...

I did leave the funeral wanting to be a better person. If I could have half the faith of Kathy, I would be in a better place. I'm so glad to have known her in some small way!
Love you!

Jaimee said...

I was really happy that I was able to go to the funeral. Kathy was amazing and I see many of her qualities in Esther. Love you guys!