January 10th was my sister’s birthday. She would have turned 33. Sometimes it is still hard knowing she is really gone. I still feel like she is going to walk in the door and everything will be the same. I can’t believe it has been over two years since she died. Ben and I drove up to Bakersfield so I could put flowers on her and my mom’s grave. This was the first time anyone in my family has seen my mom’s headstone. I wish I lived closer to them so I could visit more often. I feel close to my mom and sister there. I like going and just sitting there and talking to them. I am going to try to visit them on their birthdays, anniversaries and mother’s day. This past couple of weeks I have been thinking of all the things that I used to do with Hannah and what she meant to me.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment