
I have never looked forward to the end of a year as I did in 2008. I have learned many lessons this past year.
1. Never Say This Is As Bad As It Could Get – It Will ALWAYS Get Worse
2. Never Think The Year Is Almost Over Nothing Else Could Happen – You Will Be In The Hospital With A Ruptured Ovarian Cyst.
3. Burying Your Mother Is A lot Harder Than You Could Ever Imagine
4. Holidays Are Horrible When You Are Grieving – They Only Make You Mad
5. 2 Funerals 1 Month Apart Really Hard On Your Emotions
6. Just Because Someone Is 89 When They Die Doesn’t Make It Easy
In 2009 I am going to try and see the positive in everything. My Mom would do that. I did not think I was negative but when Ben asked me to name something good that happened in the past year I could not think of anything. I was completely shocked that I could not think of 1 single thing. I had let the bad things that happened cloud my mind. Sometime in the future I will be able to look back at 2008 and see how I grew from all of the trials that happened. I stated writing in a journal again and am trying to write a couple times a week and include something that I am grateful for. I really think it is helping me.
2 comments:
That is a great goal!
The best thing that happened to me in 2008 was watching you handle all of the pain and trials that you faced last year. You are an example to all of us in the graceful and loving way you accepted the hard things in your life. It's no wonder Ben loves you so much. Just so you know so do I.
dad
Post a Comment