Tuesday, October 28, 2008

YES ON PROP 8 RALLY

Esther and I attended the Yes on Prop 8 rally in Camarillo on Sunday. Since we had never attended a political rally before this was a new experience. We had never even contemplated attending a political rally before but when we heard about this we knew we had to be there. I can't see us going to a particular candidates rally but this is different. This is a cause we feel passionate about. This is a righteous cause, and one where we have the rare privilege of receiving and heeding a direct request from the prophet. I have heard it said that this "is our handcart experience." However, I feel this is only perhaps the first 10 feet of that long journey. Getting back to the rally itself...We had a good crowd there although we probably should have had more. I'm not sure how many but I would say at least several hundred people were in attendance. This large billboard truck was a huge thrill to the crowd and the Protect Marriage Committee. It took everyone by surprise especially the MC of the rally. I'm not sure who was responsible for its appearance but it was great to see. As it drives around hopefully the message will get across to those who sympathize with our cause that "YOU ARE NOT ALONE." You are not alone in the fight to protect children from activist judges, immoral policies and practices, and the homosexual agenda.

This is a picture of the rally's MC and the Protect Marriage bus. The MC, the local Baptist Pastor and a Catholic Priest from a local Catholic School did a phenomenal job. I don't have the names since I wasn't taking notes. I was busy clapping, yelling and chanting "Yes on 8!", "I Do" etc. The Baptist pastor "called" out those ministers and pastors who either oppose or are too cowardly to actively support Prop 8. He said what was a sin in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament remains a sin today and any minister or pastor who says otherwise is "lying." He said they were lying to themselves and their members because God established marriage and its proper order long ago and "God is not going to change his mind." The Catholic Priest said that he often hears people complain about the separation of church and state with regard to Prop 8. He said that his reply is something like this. "I know. I don’t know why the state is getting involved in a church issue."

Here is another picture of my beautiful wife. Jaimee and Mike were there and you can see Mike in the background with his bald head glistening in the sun.



A picture of the rally as we were leaving. You can only get a very rough idea of the number of people there from this picture. ABC Channel 7 news was there as was the Ventura Country Star. The L.A. Times was probably there and perhaps others but I didn't see them.


After the rally many stayed and waved signs. We were on our way over to Esther's parents and Esther took this picture as we were driving off. There were perhaps only 4 or 5 people on the street waiving No signs before and after the rally. It was nice to see so many children enthusiastically waiving home made Yes on Prop 8 signs in the air.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

We had a rally here in Fresno too. I wanted to go but I'm by myself this week so couldn't.

Lori said...

Way to go guys! Sounds like it was an awesome event! We need to get one of those truck down here!

Anonymous said...

Great commentary and pictures. Wish we could have gone to the rally too, but we were well represented with you and Esther there.

Tera said...

Wow, what an awesome truck!!! Who was the genius behind that one!? I hope to see it in person soon!

Anonymous said...

Esther makes the truck look even better!
dad

the medeiros family said...

I am so touched to hear about how all the Williams have gotten involved with this. I have been keeping this issue in my prayers...praying that people will do the right thing. I don't envy you guys having to face this, but like you said, I think this is just the beginning. Something I'm sure we will all be involved with.

Ben said...

Thanks for your prayers we could sure use them. This fight is getting personal as Nathan was injured by our "tolerant" opposition.