Friday, November 14, 2008

Bad Day


Today started out okay. It’s Friday and I was really looking forward to the weekend. This was my first week back to work since Mom’s passing and I am all caught up with work. Then about noon I heard a loud noise coming from outside but I paid it no attention and went back to work. About a half hour later my boss’s dad came in and asked if I had a red car. I said that I did and then followed him outside to find my car covered under a few large branches. The largest was about 12 inches in diameter. Once I saw the car I immediately called Ben. He was out of the office and as my hands were shaking and my emotions rattled I tried to explain what happened. But he didn’t seem very concerned. In fact he thought I was exaggerating…until he saw the car! He told me later that I made no sense on the phone and all he understood from our conversation was that I needed him to come to the office right then. Well, Ben got there and handled the arrangements for me and then had to dash off to see a periodontist and left me with the tow truck and rental car. To make matters worse Ben found out what we had feared. He has an infection in his second “Haiti” tooth and that one has to be extracted and an implant and crown put in its place like the other “Haiti” tooth. Today was a very expensive day! I now have another reason for keeping Ben around besides as my trash man, vacuum man and pest control guy. Reason #4: he is my take control when I’m having a breakdown dude. I love you Ben!

I do keep you around for more than 4 reasons but not everything is for public consumption....OK, Ben wrote that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Of all the cars in the parking lot the tree had to pick yours! Man that stinks. I'm sorry you guys, that's no fun with the car and then the teeth. Everyone I know is experiencing pretty big trials right now. It's as if the trials have escalated since the election. I'm glad Ben was cool and calm with the arrangements. I think I would have been incoherent also.

Tera said...

You can't even see your car!!! I would have looked around the parking lot looking for something red. I can't believe how BIG that is!!! Even after you telling me... I still can't believe it. Hope it all works out. At least you got to go to the movies with some really awesome people! Not a great movie, but great company, right?