Kathy
I know that you will love and cherish this book that your children have so diligently arranged for you. They have done it because they love you with a love that is complete and full in every way. In short, they have developed charity for their dear mother. The genesis for their development of this most precious gift, the gift of charity, is you. They have observed you daily and seen “that you work no hypocrisy before men.” They have followed your example of true Christ like charity and now can lay claim to that gift as well.
In the three years that I have know you I have witnessed your vibrant and heartfelt testimony of the gospel and your charity for others. Your example has reminded me of my Mission President who during a particular zone conference charged us with developing an unimpeachable testimony. The day I heard that counsel I set a goal of developing that unimpeachable testimony of which he spoke. Although I know that I have much work to be done to achieve that goal I can look to you and see that it is possible.
I know that my entrance into the life of Esther and the speed at which are relationship progressed toward a Celestial marriage was a surprise, perhaps a shock to you and Gary. I recognize that you had some valid concerns about my capacity to provide for Esther and care for her when her Crohn’s flared up or when another random ailment afflicted her. I didn’t quite understand why you would have those concerns at the time because I knew we were living the commandments, looking forward to a Temple marriage, and that I would do anything and everything to ensure that Esther was well provided for and happy. However, I think I understand a little better where those concerns originated and I can see the trust and faith that you have placed in me to care for your precious daughter. I appreciate that confidence, and I can assure you that she will indeed not want for love and the necessities of life.
Kathy, I want you to know that I love you and deeply appreciate the generosity and kindness that you have shown me.
Love,
Ben
Christmas 2007
2 comments:
I am so happy that you guys decided last Christmas to make that book of letters and memories for Kathy. I am sure that was the greatest gift she could have received. Her funeral was very nice and I feel like I know even more now what a wonderful person she was.
Beautiful, Ben. Kathy is fortunate to have you for a son-in-law and husband to her daughter.
Post a Comment