Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WE DID IT!


One of the consequences of working full time and carrying a full load of MBA classes is that you are up at all hours of the night and morning studying and working on homework, projects, presentations etc. Tonight, or this morning, depending on your point of view, it has been a blessing since I have been able to follow the Prop 8 election results. As it stand right now at 3:15 am the Yes is at 52% with 86% of the vote counted. We have received over 4.7 million votes and counting. At this point I feel comfortable enough to call this election for our side. This has been a hard fought win and all those that supported Yes on 8 are true Patriots. I will share more of my thoughts and feelings about the difficult journey and our powerful victory later. Right now I'm going to bed where I'm sure all of you are now.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yee-haw! I can't tell you how grateful and relieved I am. Our kids are a little safer for a little longer. Is it rude to say to the other side, "NEE-NER, NEE-NER!"??

Ben said...

I am very excited also. This is a great victory to those that support traditional values. Sadly our cowardly opposition has seen that they have been defeated by the democratic process and seek to subvert it by using the courts. These people are little cry babies and are as un-democratic as they come. Make no mistake about that.