Friday, September 5, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL


The fall semester is now in full swing for Esther and I. Esther is taking "Foundations of General, Organic and Biochemistry" and I am taking "Statistical Analysis for Managers" and "Negotiation in Conflict Management." In other words, it is going to be a long semester for the both of us! We will be having lots of study date nights. We also were not able to plan out are schedule as we would have liked – I have classes on Monday and Tuesday from 7-10 and Esther has classes on Wednesday and Friday from 6-10 and 6:30-9:30.

These will be classes #9 and #10 out of 15 for me. I am trying to accelerate my pace in order to reach my goal of graduation by next August. Unfortunately for me, I have some of the toughest classes ahead which means that my 4.0 GPA that I have worked so hard to maintain may not be around for much longer. This is Esther's second class after returning to school to pursue a nursing degree. She has 4 more classes before she can transfer and attend a 2-year nursing program. Due to the long semesters, her near full time employment, and the difficult nature of her classes, she will be taking one class per semester and should be ready to transfer in a year. After she graduates and lands a nursing job it will be smooth sailing for me as I will now have my "Sugar Mama"...haha

I am extremely proud of her ambition and dedication to achieving the lofty goal of becoming a nurse and overcoming her own health problems in order to lend a helping hand to others. I don't think anyone truly understands the breadth and depth of her various health issues. This is in part because she conceals it so well. She hides it behind a beautiful smile, a positive outlook and a charitable nature that always put others first. She is truly a shinning example of faith, persistence, and above all, toughness. Others in her shoes would not work let alone attend classes at night, take care of her helpless husband, (this is a big job as it entails seeing that I am fed and clothed and keeping the house in order) serving her wonderful Mother and Father, and being the world’s best Aunt to our favorite 16 “little people.”

3 comments:

the medeiros family said...

Ben! Hey it's your cousin, Julie! I have had so much fun keeping updated with all the Williams' through the blogs. So glad I found yours. It sounds like you and Esther are really busy with work and school...good luck this semester. I'm sure you can keep that 4.0!

Wendy said...

Ben, you're so great with what you wrote about Esther. You're right, she is one of the toughest and most ambitious people I know. I feel pretty busy and like I have a lot on my plate most of the time, but I can't hold a candle to her. She is one of my favorite people and I admire her will and drive like few other people. You guys will do great in school, like you do great at everything else you set your mind to.

Lori said...

Amen! Good luck with school this semester you two!