Saturday, Esther and I along with Ethan and his neighbor, had the opportunity to pave the long driveway that leads to both homes. It was hot but it was actually kind of fun and very satisfying. It is always a rewarding experience any time you can provide service to those you love. As you can imagine the petroleum-based tar was extremely sticky and hard to get off your skin. This was only my second time tarring the driveway while Esther has done it a dozen times. I was handling the east side of the driveway which bordered on Kathy's tomato plants and flowers. The goal was to tar to the edge but not allow it to spill into the vegetation. For the most part I succeeded, but whoever said that tar and tomatoes don't mix? As you can see from the picture above, we left an unpaved path to allow us to walk while the paved sections dried. We will return and paved the other portions in the near future. Perhaps you may want to join us? If you come I just may promise not to throw tar at you!
2 comments:
What were you paving?
Thoes who work together stay together.
Love dad
Post a Comment